- 1-to-1-1/2-lbs. – Boneless pork shoulder roast
- 2 tbsp. – Hy-Vee Original taco seasoning mix
- 1 – Orange
- 1 – Lime, plus additional lime wedges for serving
Optional Nacho Ingredients
- Tortilla chips
- Canned black beans
- Fresh tomatoes, chopped
- Cheddar cheese dip
- Red onion, thinly sliced
- Canned sliced olives
- Jalapeno pepper slices
- Sour crea
- Fresh cilantro, chopped
- Remove netting from roast. Rub roast with taco seasoning. Wrap pork in plastic wrap and refrigerate 8 hour or overnight. Cut pork into 2-inch pieces; place in a 1.5-quart slow cooker.
- Zest and juice orange and lime. Combine the zest, juices, and enough water to make 1 cup; pour over pork in slow cooker. Cover and cook on HIGH 4 to 5 hours or until pork is very tender.
- Transfer pork to a cutting board; reserve 1 to 2 tablespoons cooking juices. Using two forks, coarsely shred pork. Drizzle with reserved cooking juices to moisten.
- Layer pork with nacho ingredients as desired. Serve with lime wedges.